Monday, October 25, 2010

Santa Visits

Each year my husband and I and our children are the Claus Family at our church.  My children enjoy being the elves and of course, the children of the church just love to see Santa and Mrs. Claus. 

After much prodding and suggesting that we do Santa visits in our town, I'm finally giving in to set it up.  After all, why not incorporate it into my photography business.  I know that I never cared much for going to the mall and standing in the extremely long line that seemed to take forever and I'm sure there are others out there that feel the same way.

Santa came and visited my oldest child when he was little and that was something that he remembered for a very long time and he thoroughly enjoyed it.  So why not??

My hubby said 'ok' when I asked him, especially after I told him that we could make some money for Christmas.  So he's on board.

I did some research to see what Santa's going rate is these days.  I found a little info.  So I've set it up, got it on my website and I have some flyers made and will distribute them out in the next week or so. 

So tell me what you think.  I Dallas, Tx, Santa's going rate starts at $50 an hour for home visits.  We live in Grand Junction, Co, which we are the last to suffer from the effects of the economy but also the last to recover from.  We still have alot of unemployment, but we are on the upside again.  I started to offer the visits at $75 and hour but I don't know.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I would pay 50 not sure about 75 since I usually tip any type of service like that.
    Example I hired a bellydancer for a Bday 50 bucks for 15 minute performance and I gave the dancer an extra 20.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Adriana,

    Thanks for the input. Actually when I looked further into the Dallas Santa visits, the 50 was for a 30 min. session, 75 for an hour, 90 for an hour and a half and 150 for two hours. That opens up more options for my customers.

    Pricing seems to be the hardest part of the job. I do alot of research on pricing because I want to be fair to myself, to my customers and to the other photographers out there. But there is no concrete answer.

    But thanks so much for your help. I will definitely keep that in mind.

    Corbie

    ReplyDelete