Friday, August 6, 2010

Blogging Start

Ok, so this is my blog of my journey through the ups and downs of becoming a professional photographer.  As I go through my journey, my goal is to offer tips and tricks as I document what it takes to get there, where ever 'there' is.

I'm a mother of 6, most of them are now teenagers, OMG, so I stay busy.  I have 2 home based businesses.  Hand Makn it....is my unique boutique where I specialize in unique handmade gifts for all occasions.  The other is my photography business..Cool Shots Photography.  With 6 kids, I'm never at a loss for models.

I have photographed 2 weddings, had several sessions for senior photos, many personal portraits, and I'm constantly on the go, exploring the world around me so that I can add to my collection of artistic photography.

I also have 4 dogs and a bird....so I even specialize in pet portraits.

Even though I have photographed 2 weddings, I don't think I'm quite ready to promote that for myself at this time, however that is a goal of mine.

I am currently a student of New York Institute of Photography and working towards graduating early next year.

I have been doing alot of research on marketing and the many free ways to do it.  Social networking through Facebook and now blogging are the first on my list to get the hang of. 

I'm working on a 31DBBB  challenge and this is the first stop.  To create an interesting title and content that means something.  I really had to think about this.  My blogging is not just about announcing my specials and showing my pictures to the world.  I want to give something back.  So, as I learn, you will learn.

Thanks,
Corbie

No comments:

Post a Comment