Monday, August 16, 2010

What About My Business Name???

I got an email the other day from someone who told me that they own my business name...because it is close to their business name.  They own Cool Shot! Photography and I own Cool Shots Photography.

They have asked me to quit using my name and to remove my domain immediately. 

I did my homework...I searched my state for my name and it was available.  I searched the internet for this name and nothing came up at that time.  I have registered my name with my state and I have purchased a domain for my site for the next year.  Now what do I do?

In no way do I want to infringe on anyone else's name or copyright, that is why I searched.  I don't even like the idea of my name being close to another.

This person is a bit insulted with my pricing too.  Apparently because I don't charge as much as they do.  I'm beginning the photography business and don't feel comfortable just yet to charge $400 per session.  My prices are based on an average of 10 different photographers that I researched.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment