Thursday, December 23, 2010

Lighthouse Church blesses the community

The Lighthouse Church of Grand Junction heads out each year to bless some of the elders in the community with Christmas Carols the old fashioned way.  They show up on their doorsteps, ring the bell and start singing.  This year they also visited a local nursing home and blessed the residents there with a few songs and visiting.

The church visited the nursing home first and sang a few songs in the cafeteria as the residents were finishing up their supper.  Then they went around and visited with a few of the residents.






Then they were off, singing their way through the halls of the home to carry cheer to those that were already in their rooms.  There were beautiful door decorations along the hallway, and I couldn't resist taking some shots of those too.



Well, I was going to post some more photos of the event but it seems that yet again I am having problems doing so.  It has been suggested to me to move to WordPress for my blog..  If it keeps this up, simply because I do not have time to piddle fart with this when it don't want to work, I may be moving. 

But I'll keep you posted.

The rest of the photos will be posted on FB.
Chow for Now,
Corbie

No comments:

Post a Comment