Monday, December 20, 2010

The Streets of Grand Junction

We had our Parade of Lights here in downtown Grand Junction back on the 4th of December.  This is my first year to go to the parade since I moved here 4 years ago.  There were alot of people downtown, but I'll post that next time.

I had been reading about different techniques on street photography, so I thought I would give it a try.

The strange thing about street photography that I still don't understand, is how can we secretly take pictures of people and then be able to sell them as stock photography, or post them on the public internet.

I know that because this was a public event, and when people go out and participate in a public event, if their picture is taken, no laws are broken.

Copyrights and legalities just seem to be so gray, if you know what I mean.  Plus, the paparazzi take pictures of celebrities all the time without their permission.  It seems that when ever I read up about it, I get conflicting answers, so who knows.

Anyway, below are some of the photos that I captured from the streets of Grand Junction.


Chow for Now,
Corbie



If you would like to see the rest of the album, please visit my facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment