Thursday, September 9, 2010

Blogging

Hi Everyone,

On my journey of becoming a professional photographer, I do alot of research.  One research topic is Advertising.   I'm just starting out so I cannot afford costly advertising.  Of course, on the other hand, how do people know that I exist, if I don't advertise?

I read somewhere that before we start paying for advertising we should be making some money first.  I'd agree with that.  But until then, I have found that there are several ways to 'advertise' or get your name in front of people without spending any money.  One of those ways is Blogging.

When I first heard this, I thought it kind of silly, to be perfectly honest with you.  I mean, what would I blog about...when would I have time to blog.....who cares what I'm doing....and so on.  I read that a blog is not necessarily a place for only advertising your product, so if I'm not advertising, really who would want to talk to me.  Do I have anything of importance to say? 

I belong to a couple of local networking groups and I had to do education at one of them recently.  I had already been doing a little bit of research about ways to advertise that didn't cost me and wouldn't commit me for a lengthy period of time so I thought I would share that with them.  Blogging was one of those ways on my list and I found that many of them don't blog either.

I joined the Blog Frog Community and found that many, many people blog so I thought I'd give it a try.  I'm actually getting in to this now.

I have found that blogging is not just a way to talk about your products and services but its a way to make new friends.  A way to share with people.  Believe it or not, we all have something we can teach others.

While researching, I came across some material that I'd like to share with you.  Blogs take time to grow and if we are patient and persistent, the rewards will come.  There are also 10 lies that cripple us new bloggers and I found this site that helps diminish that thinking.

http://pushingsocial.com/10-subtle-lies-that-cripple-new-bloggers#more-1116

If you are new to blogging and feeling a little lonely because you don't have alot of action on your blog, visit that site and just be patient with yourself.  It will come.

Till next time,
Corbie

2 comments:

  1. Hi Corbie,
    Found you on blogfrog! We are neighbors, I live in Bailey! I am in my photography beginnings also, I just go my LLC a few weeks ago. I am really enjoying this journey, my next step is to do a business plan! Advertising is something that I too need to do, but I am not quiet ready to get real busy, my four kiddlets keep me plenty busy! Good luck to you and your business!
    Linsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linsey,

    Good luck to you too....thanks for stopping by and visiting from BlogFrog. It's nice to meet neighbors. I haven't really done a business plan yet...I probably should but I don't know.

    It's been nice talking to you, let's keep in touch.

    Corbie

    ReplyDelete