Friday, September 3, 2010

Learned something New Today

Actually, I learn something new probably everyday, but today I learned how to syndicate my accounts.  I guess that is the proper term.  Now, when I post a new blog, it will go out to my facebook page and my twitter page.  How cool is that?

LOL...I know, I may be a little behind here but I am excited that I learned this because it will now save me so much time.

It all started with checking out some other blogs from BlogFrog this morning.  As I was introducing myself on a blog I noticed that they had a badge titled Networked Blogs.  So I decided to find out what that was all about. 

I attend a couple of networking groups in my town because I know how important it is to connect with people on a personal level and get known in my businesses at the same time.  It's a great way to get new leads for your business too.  If you don't already belong to a networking group, I highly recommend that you find one in your town.   And if you are in the Grand Junction area, we have some openings at Grand Valley Networking Group.  We meet on Thursdays at noon.  If you want more info, contact me, I'd be happy to fill you in.  My other networking group is Business Buddies and we meet on Thursday at 7:30 in the am.

So anyway, I know how important networking groups are, and if there is a blog networking group, what better way to get new readers.  So I joined, and through the process, I was walked through the syndication process painlessly.  Now my blogs have their own FB page and every post that I write gets noticed on my fan pages as well as my personal page.

If you are interested in joining too, just click on the Networked Blogs widget and it will walk you through too.

Enjoy,
Corbie

7 comments:

  1. Hi Corbie! I found your blog through the Friday Linky and I love how your site looks. I'm not a photgragher, but I'm hoping to take a class soon. I'm also looking to get Adobe Photoshop and all that jazz, so I'll probably be visiting you alot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Colleen,

    Thanks for stopping by...I look forward to getting to know you. I'll help anyway I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really slow because I still update my facebook account manually. One of these days I'll figure it out - LOL. It's only been a year and a half (and about 150 posts) after all. Oh well!

    Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Corbie! Thanks for stopping by Windy Poplars and saying hello! You're right, it's a HUGE timesaver to have all of our "social media" accounts linked, isn't it? So fun to learn something new! Hope you're enjoying your Labor Day weekend so far...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Charlene,

    Thanks for stopping by. I just recently got a FB page, actually. I was stuck on MySpace and had the wrong impression of FB...I'm so glad now that I have reconsidered. A friend from elementary school found me and we have reconnected. Amazing!

    And it's ok to be slow at these things...we'll catch up eventually...lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristin,

    Thanks for visiting. Time saver for sure...I have 2 businesses and trying to remember where all I need to update was driving me batty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the comments! You are so seet! I love your photos also! I love meeting new people and photographers here!!!

    ReplyDelete