Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Daryn & Jessie

Daryn, my son, and Jessie got married in May and asked me to photograph their wedding.  I was happy to do it.  May was a very busy month for me.  My daughter graduated and family was coming for the graduation so Daryn and Jessie decided to get married that week that all the family would be here. 

The wedding was at our church, indoors.  I still struggle a bit with indoor photography because of the shadows.  The wedding happened pretty fast, as the ceremony usually does, but I did get some pretty good photos...I just wasn't that happy with them myself.  So I took them out and about to a couple of our favorite outdoor spots here in town. 

I kind of felt bad because the wedding pictures weren't all that, but I remember back when I got married and my grandmother took our pictures.  She had us come to her house on a different day after the wedding to get our professional shots taken.  So all is not lost.

I've done a couple of weddings so far, but I don't advertise for it because I don't feel that I'm quite ready for that.  If I mess up on a local shoot, I can always go back and reshoot, but not on a wedding day....am I'm scared to death that something may go wrong and the bride will be devastated.  I just need some more knowledge and more practice before I feel confident for weddings, but that is definitely a goal. 

I actually have a friend who is in charge of organizing the Bridal Expo here where I live and she's trying to get me to do a booth.....I just can't right now, but I'm looking forward to maybe next year.  Wish me luck.

Anyway, below are a couple of shots from Daryn & Jessie's reshoot.  If you want to see the full album, I have them posted on Facebook.

Talk to you soon,









No comments:

Post a Comment