Monday, September 13, 2010

Over the weekend, we went out for another wilderness drive.  I love it!  We were actually looking for another camp site so that we can get one more camping trip in before the snow starts.  I wanted to be near Rifle Falls so that I can visit the falls shortly before dark and practice some techniques that I've learned in my photography class.  The last time I went, the sun was shining bright and washed out my photos.  I'm trying to get the hang of making the water fall a silky effect.  You've seen them in other photos.

Here's one that I attempted while we were out.  I shot this out the window and did not use my tripod, so it's a little blurry, but you get the idea.



Anyway, we did find a site that we'll go to in a couple of weeks.  We told the kids to take plenty of warm clothing because it will probably be cold over night.  I'll let you know.

Here's a pic of my hubby, my grandson, and my son. 





And of course, I always find flowers to shoot.




That's just a tidbit for now.  I really have to get off this computer and get downstairs to my canning.  Our garden is giving us a good harvest and I need to do the preserving.  I started on Friday, with my peppers.  Let me tell you....always wear gloves when working with jalapenos or any other hot peppers.  You won't notice it at the time, because I didn't.  I sliced enough for 3 quarts of peppers.  After I was finished canning for the day, I started dinner and could not even hold that hand close to any heat.  I did at least only hold the pepper with one hand while I chopped with the other, so only one hand was on fire.

While we ate dinner, I kept that hand wrapped in a cold damp cloth.  One of my sons told me to use mustard because it removes the heat.  So I squirted a glob of mustard in my hand and without thinking, I started massaging it into my hands like I would lotion.  Now, both hands are covered in mustard.  So now I'm sitting at the dining table, with yellow stained hands and smelling like mustard and still burning.  Only now it starts to itch as well.  The whole family is laughing, of course because I do look a bit silly.

I washed the mustard off, still burning, and remembered that my grandfather told me to use toothpaste on a burn.  I tried that.  It actually worked, and I ended up with only one tiny little blister the next day....oh and I still had mustard stained in my cuticles.

Anyway, now I'm off to preserve my tomatoes and peaches.
Talk to you soon, God Bless

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I visited the link you left below and came back to a new post! Your good! Blogging does take time. I do have a comment on this blog though - I find it hard to read. Some people might not, but you might want to try and get the background a bit darker if you really want the white letters on black background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Modista Modesta,

    Thanks! I'm so glad that you stopped by and left me some feedback. I didn't particularly care for my background myself, I just used one of the templates because I haven't figured out how to do my own yet. I do appreciate your honesty and will update that soon so that readers can see what they read.

    Corbie

    ReplyDelete